At SUGARCANE raw bar grill, globally inspired shared plates come from three kitchens – an open fire grill, raw bar and traditional kitchen – overseen by award-winning Chef Partner Timon Balloo. Inviting guests to “kick back, eat well and stay awhile,” we are on a quest to celebrate the simple pleasures in life – eating well and celebrating with friends – with a focus on the “shared experience.” Located at the intersection of Restaurant Row and the Sands Convention Center, the restaurant offers daily brunch, dinner and late night fare.
- Shortly after opening in 2010, Eater named SUGARCANE raw bar grill Restaurant of the Year – Miami, and Executive Chef Timon Balloo was named Best Chef – Miami.
- 2011 James Beard Awards semifinalist in the “Best New Restaurant” category.
- Chef Timon was nominated for Food & Wine’s “The People’s Best New Chef” in 2011.
- Executive Chef & Partner Timon Balloo was honored with the title of “Culinary Innovator” at the 2014 Johnson & Wales University ZEST Awards.
- SUGARCANE raw bar grill dominated 2015 Zagat’s Best of Miami Awards, earning a spot in the following categories: Miami: Top 50 Restaurants, Most Popular Restaurants in Miami, Best Restaurants in Wynwood/Midtown, Best Eclectic Restaurants in Miami, Best Small Plates in Miami, and Best Singles Scenes in Miami.
- Recipient of the prestigious AAA 4-Diamond rating for three consecutive years.