Sands Expo Employment Opportunities
Sands Expo Employment Opportunities
- Exhibit Service Representative - Responsible for representing the company in a professional manner as the first point of contact in the Business Center handling our exhibitor’s needs. Provide a high level of customer service to each Exhibitor.
- Follow proper phone procedures and etiquette. Assist customers in placing show orders. Email or fax show forms to customers requesting them. Presents resolution to customer order inquiries.
- Enter service order data into system including Business Center, Convention Services, Electrical, Internet, Floral, Plumbing, etc.
- Enter payment information and charges orders. Prints work orders when necessary.
- Food & Beverage Office Manager - Responsible for administrative and office tasks within the Food and Beverage department.
- Create food labels for banquet events, as needed.
- Inventory and maintain all in-house radios.
- Answer office phone, greeting internal and external guests.
- Check voice mails, e-mails and faxes Check all phone lines for voice mail every morning upon arrival.
- Coordination of F & B Director’s calendar.
- Receives and screens incoming calls and visitors, schedules appointments, and arrange meetings with staff, internal customers, and vendors for the F & B Director.
- Track all time off slips and ensure they are filled out correctly, signed, and turned in to HR.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Monitor health and alcohol cards are up to date on all team members.
- Pick up mail from Business Center, and distribute as addressed. Director’s mail to be opened and placed on his desk.
- Complete entry of Kronos daily, and prepare report to balance.
- Oversee uniform usage, cleaning and organizing in the Uniform Room.
- Oversee sign in/out and clock in/out of servers/bartenders for banquet events.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel the administrative personnel.
- Manage schedules and oversee job duties of the administrative team members.
- Assist F&B Director with Capital Request preparation and submittal.
- Prepare transfer documentation for banquet events, and track shared expenses for billing.
- Parking Attendant - Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of traffic flow at the main entrance and parking area of Sands Expo, while providing the highest degree of customer service. Manages the flow of taxicab traffic and enforces laws of operating taxicab stands, helps guests entering and exiting taxicabs and assists with their luggage. Organizes flow of limousines, enforces limousine staging rules, and enforces local laws regarding limousine staging and driver solicitations. This is an on-call position that operates during select Sands Expo events.
- Security Officer - Responsible for serving as the tactical response element for the Sands Expo Security Department’s mission, both for routine and emergency response operations. As the security department’s frontline of defense, enforce property rules and respond to incidents, accidents, alarms, and disturbances. As “Ambassadors of Sands Expo”, provide world class customer service to guests and attendees of all Sands Expo conventions and tradeshows.
- Patrol grounds and perimeters, and conduct checks of facilities and equipment; record findings.
- Report unsecure doors, windows or other openings; suspicious persons, vehicles, or circumstances; hazardous conditions; equipment operating at wrong times; problems with firefighting equipment; violations of company security or safety policies.
- Conduct static observation posts, observing personnel activities to detect threats.
- Responds to accidents, incidents, and alarms, in order of priority, to conduct initial incident investigations and discover and document essential elements at the time and location they occurred.
- Deal with difficult people in a fair and impartial manner.
- Monitor materials and equipment entering and leaving the facilities.
- Write reports, statements, and maintain logs as necessary.
- Issue trespass warnings as necessary in accordance with NRS 207.200.
- Represent Sands Expo in a positive and professional manner.