Sands Expo Employment Opportunities
Sands Expo Employment Opportunities
- Event Services Manager - Primarily responsible for planning, negotiating, and implementing service orders based on client needs for the Company. The Event Services Manager also serves as the primary point of contact for clients during events.
- Presents information, negotiates, sells and contracts for operational services for clients' events, including but not limited to electrical, set-up, telecom, rigging and lighting, sets, cleaning, and plumbing.
- Creates custom service orders based on contracted service needs of each client.
- Serves as primary conduit of information between client and technical services vendors, both internal and external; coordinates regarding client needs, service order specifics, changes, unique or unusual planning needs and makes adjustments as necessary to best meet contracted terms.
- Monitors and enforces that client follows the details and stipulations of the sales contract.
- Communicates with clients and adapts and responds to requests and changes, and resolves client complaints.
- Collects client information related to billing, event times, locations, and on-site contacts.
- Prepares a cost estimate based on client needs.
- Communicates by phone, email, and face-to-face with Venetian | Palazzo and client conference managers regarding services and production schedules to ensure client needs are met.
- Schedules, prepares, and attends pre-conference meetings, as necessary.
- During events, serves as point of contact for clients and directs requests and questions to appropriate department for resolution.
- Checks dates, client information, ordered services and details of space used for final billing and confirms the accuracy of details.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information and safekeeps billing information.
- Exhibit Service Representative - Responsible for representing the company in a professional manner as the first point of contact in the Business Center handling our exhibitor’s needs. Provide a high level of customer service to each Exhibitor.
- Follow proper phone procedures and etiquette. Assist customers in placing show orders. Email or fax show forms to customers requesting them. Presents resolution to customer order inquiries.
- Enter service order data into system including Business Center, Convention Services, Electrical, Internet, Floral, Plumbing, etc.
- Enter payment information and charges orders. Prints work orders when necessary.
- IT Service Desk Analyst II - Responsible for providing support to end users on a variety of technical and computer related issues. Responsible for the continued upgrade and maintenance of client computer and network systems.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems for both user desktop side and server related.
- Responds to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Uses knowledge and experience to proactively avoid future technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, emails, and requests for technical support of user-identified IT problems, including but not limited to password resets, PC desktop issues, printer and desktop software issues, mobile device syncing and connectivity, firewall and network configuration problems, malware and virus problems, and PC imaging.
- Troubleshoots and researches to proactively resolve technical problems that occur on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies trends in user-related issues and problems and researches solutions to avoid future technical problems.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems and resolves issues in a timely manner, consistent with the complexity of the problem and based on the urgency of business needs.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures to resolve user-identified IT issues.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012/XP/7 Workstation/Server installation and diagnosis
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Windows TCP/IP Networking
- Advanced PC Repair, Rebuild, and problem Diagnosis skills
- iOS Operating System Tech
- Mobile Iron, IronPort, BOX, Infogenesis, Micros, Kronos Administration
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Active Directory technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Exchange administration
- Working understanding of Cisco network solutions: switches, routers, firewalls.
- Proficient with Pelco/Endura administration
- Proficiency and support for digital signage
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Parking Attendant - Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of traffic flow at the main entrance and parking area of Sands Expo, while providing the highest degree of customer service. Manages the flow of taxicab traffic and enforces laws of operating taxicab stands, helps guests entering and exiting taxicabs and assists with their luggage. Organizes flow of limousines, enforces limousine staging rules, and enforces local laws regarding limousine staging and driver solicitations. This is an on-call position that operates during select Sands Expo events.
- Security Officer - Responsible for serving as the tactical response element for the Sands Expo Security Department’s mission, both for routine and emergency response operations. As the security department’s frontline of defense, enforce property rules and respond to incidents, accidents, alarms, and disturbances. As “Ambassadors of Sands Expo”, provide world class customer service to guests and attendees of all Sands Expo conventions and tradeshows.
- Patrol grounds and perimeters, and conduct checks of facilities and equipment; record findings.
- Report unsecure doors, windows or other openings; suspicious persons, vehicles, or circumstances; hazardous conditions; equipment operating at wrong times; problems with firefighting equipment; violations of company security or safety policies.
- Conduct static observation posts, observing personnel activities to detect threats.
- Responds to accidents, incidents, and alarms, in order of priority, to conduct initial incident investigations and discover and document essential elements at the time and location they occurred.
- Deal with difficult people in a fair and impartial manner.
- Monitor materials and equipment entering and leaving the facilities.
- Write reports, statements, and maintain logs as necessary.
- Issue trespass warnings as necessary in accordance with NRS 207.200.
- Represent Sands Expo in a positive and professional manner.
- Show Cleaning & Meeting Services Manager - Responsible for overseeing the daily operations and logistics of the Show Cleaning & Meeting Services Department. This includes all estimate creation and show management billing, show floor and meeting room operations before, during, and after all events.
- Responsible for all daily scheduling of all departmental staff including all contract labor used for events.
- Responsible for the creation of specific action plans to maintain building standards before, during and after the show.
- Manage all internal and external departmental communications, ensuring a consistent message.
- Oversee the department’s equipment inventory and rental of equipment used for shows.
- Responsible for creating event estimates, as well as communicating directly with event management and event organizers.
- Responsible for creating or over-seeing all departmental purchase requisitions.
- Responsible for department heavy equipment safety and training program
- Monitor the execution of all department service orders and meeting room sets.
- Responsible for meeting the department’s contractual obligations for move in and final cleaning.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly organized and flexible.
- Ability to multi-task and meet challenging expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-directed and meet deadlines – a self-starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Must understand how to extract, clean, and report data from EBMS/USI using Excel to create daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Must have superior customer service skills, strong decision making ability.
- Show Cleaning & Meeting Services Supervisor - Responsible for the day to day operations and logistics of the Show Cleaning & Meeting Services department, including monitoring the work of temporary workers.
- Monitors the progress of event service orders and ensures that all set-up and cleaning items are completed for each client and exhibitor.
- Reviews labor call, checks accuracy of projected labor call based on the event scope.
- Assigns temporary workers to specific work areas.
- Walks the event floor, monitors work progress, runs completion reports, and uses a checklist to ensure all service orders are complete.
- Responsible for service order completion in assigned area
- Promotes teamwork and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Writes and disseminates end of shift report including an overview of the day and event, including any challenges, problems, areas of concern, and summarizes any worker issues.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to Manager about the quality and efficiency of work performed by temporary labor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience in a janitorial, show cleaning, meeting services, public areas or internal maintenance role.
- One (1) or more years working in a show cleaning or meeting services position in a conference or convention center.
- Demonstrated experience completing exhibitor service orders, show management orders, banquet event orders, or meeting room orders.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully and communicating effectively with individuals of various levels of experience and different backgrounds.
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of cleaning equipment, and proper chemical handling.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and ability to use Microsoft Excel to create service order and daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong ability to evaluate information and take action based on assessment.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide feedback.