- CHEF BIO
Near The Venetian Casino Floor
View Property Map (Location #32)
Monday-Friday: 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Nightly: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Prix Fixe Menu: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Daily 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Happy Hour)
Daily 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.(Late Night Happy Hour)
July 1-5, 2015
Bleu Blanc Rouge Tartlet – A personal sized Bing cherry and blueberry tartlet from Pastry Chef Robyn Lucas inspired by Americana summertime flavors. The tartlet features a lattice top finished with sweetened whipped crème fraiche and a scoop of db Brasserie’s house made Almond Gelato.
Croque-Monsieur- or- Madame (recipe courtesy Daniel Boulud)
Time: 40 minutes
FOR THE BÉCHAMEL SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
FOR THE SANDWICHES:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 slices high-quality Pullman loaf bread, sliced 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick, very lightly toasted (no color)
- 12 ounces thickly sliced Jambon de Paris (high-quality wet-cured ham)
- 10 ounces Gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 whole eggs (for the madame)
- For the béchamel: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in the flour until blended but not colored. Gradually whisk in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside. (May be made up to 24 hours ahead of time and stored, refrigerated, with a layer of plastic wrap placed directly on surface of sauce; gently reheat before serving.)
- For the sandwiches: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with melted butter. On a work surface, place bread slices in a single layer and spread each one evenly to the edges with béchamel; all the béchamel may not be needed. Divide ham among four of the slices, trimming it if necessary so it is within 1/4 inch of edges. Top all eight slices with equal amounts of cheese, spreading it evenly to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Place four bread slices with béchamel and cheese, cheese side up, on top of slices layered with ham. Transfer sandwiches, cheese side up, onto sheet pan. Bake until grated cheese topping is melted and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make a croque-madame, fry eggs sunny-side up and place one on top of each finished sandwich. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.