- CHEF BIO
Near The Venetian Casino Floor
View Property Map (Location #32)
Monday-Friday: 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Nightly: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Prix Fixe Menu: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Daily 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Happy Hour)
Daily 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.(Late Night Happy Hour)
Croque-Monsieur- or- Madame (recipe courtesy Daniel Boulud)
Time: 40 minutes
FOR THE BÉCHAMEL SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
FOR THE SANDWICHES:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 slices high-quality Pullman loaf bread, sliced 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick, very lightly toasted (no color)
- 12 ounces thickly sliced Jambon de Paris (high-quality wet-cured ham)
- 10 ounces Gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 whole eggs (for the madame)
- For the béchamel: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in the flour until blended but not colored. Gradually whisk in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside. (May be made up to 24 hours ahead of time and stored, refrigerated, with a layer of plastic wrap placed directly on surface of sauce; gently reheat before serving.)
- For the sandwiches: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with melted butter. On a work surface, place bread slices in a single layer and spread each one evenly to the edges with béchamel; all the béchamel may not be needed. Divide ham among four of the slices, trimming it if necessary so it is within 1/4 inch of edges. Top all eight slices with equal amounts of cheese, spreading it evenly to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Place four bread slices with béchamel and cheese, cheese side up, on top of slices layered with ham. Transfer sandwiches, cheese side up, onto sheet pan. Bake until grated cheese topping is melted and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make a croque-madame, fry eggs sunny-side up and place one on top of each finished sandwich. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
HAPPY HOUR – DAILY – 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Draft Beer Selections including Czechvar Lager, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Big Dog’s Red Hydrant Ale
Wine Selections including ’12 JL Colombo (Rosé) Cape Bleue, Provence and ’13 Petit Chapeau (Blanc), Bordeaux
$5 - $7
The food menu includes small plates of classic db Brasserie dishes as well as new items starting at just $6.
Small plates include Yellowtail – avocado, ruby red grapefruit, yogurt, pink peppercorn, espellette tuile, micro cilantro; Tarte Flambée - Alsatian flatbread, bacon, onion, fromage blanc; and Grilled Lamb Merguez Sausage - chick pea, tomato, yogurt dressing; among other dishes.
In addition to the small plates, guests can dine on the three DBGB Burgers from the main db Brasserie menu: The Piggie, The Yankee andThe Frenchie.
30 MINUTE EXPRESS LUNCH – DAILY – 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Soup, Salad & Sandwich – Chilled tomato soup, Caesar salad, Croque Monsieur.
LUNCH PRIX FIXE – DAILY – 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Two courses $25; Three courses $32
Appetizers (choice of): Chilled Tomato Soup - olive, cucumber, basil and rosemary croutons; Carrot & Ginger Salad –pickled & fresh carrot, baby gem lettuce, carrot-ginger coulis, cilantro, young coconut, lime vinaigrette; Salmon Rillettes – fennel, crème fraîche, dill, egg mimosa, caper emulsion; or Kale Salad – toasted farro, almonds, parmesan, fig vincotto.
Entrees (choice of): Mediterranean Lamb Flatbread – eggplant, pine nuts, apricot, yogurt; Short Rib Tagliatelle – braised short ribs, house-made pasta, summer root vegetables, grana padano cheese, red wine beef jus; Fish ‘n’ Chips – beer battered wild halibut filet, house-made potato chips, tartar sauce; or Chicken Paillard – grilled chicken breast, sauce diable, arugula, pommes frites.
Dessert (optional course, choice of): DB’s Rocky Road Tart – chocolate sable, vanilla nugget, toasted almonds, salted caramel and chocolate ganache; Peach Frangipane – vanilla sable, almond frangipane, seasonal stone fruit; or Assiette de Fromages – cheese plate with quince preserves, candied nuts, cranberry bread.