"Evviva Gli Sposi" (Hurray for the Newlyweds) a common phrase during cake cutting in Italy.
The Icing on the Cake
A custom born over centuries, the wedding cake is a talisman meant to bring luck and fertility to the newlywed couple. The Bride and Groom delight in sampling the first slice of cake, demonstrating their willingness to share a household and all that it brings.
The Wedding Cake - Star of the Reception
Exquisitely detailed and prominently displayed, Venetian wedding cakes have been know to inspire whispers of wonderment and admiration. Truly in a class unto themselves, their creator, award-winning Master Chef Peter Wimmler, has been hailed as one of the most accomplished pastry chefs in the world. Describe the unique style and spirit of your vision then prepare to be awestruck upon witnessing the masterpiece he and his team create for you.
Bride & Groom Atop a Cake
Many couples fancy a miniature representation of themselves atop a wedding cake with bridal figurines. Through the years, this tradition of simple bride and groom figurines has expanded to the display of elaborate family heirlooms, whimsical cake ornaments representing occupation or hobby or an accent that echoes the cakes decorative motif.
Examples of Creative Cake Toppers:
- An antique floral teacup filled to overflowing with flowers that matches couple’s china pattern
- A menagerie of origami animals made from metallic paper
- A jewelry box brimming with faux rhinestones, pearls or diamonds
- A model of an international landmark such as the Coliseum
- Trees, flowers and other outdoor elements representing nature
- Miniature birdcage of spun sugar
- Elements symbolic of seasons such as snowflakes or pinecones
- Exclusively designed ornaments created of sugar
The Cake Table
When decorating your wedding cake, it’s good practice to incorporate the theme of the cake into the theme of the table. Our suggestion is simple. When using fresh flowers on a wedding cake perhaps scatter flower petals around the table’s surface to create a more impressive appearance. Candles offer subtle radiance and ambiance to any cake table and sheer fabric matching your wedding colors draped stylishly along the table top will serve as an added hint of wedding bliss.
3355 LAS VEGAS BLVD SOUTHLAS VEGAS, NV 89109